We develop our projects in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner to access green development finance, improve efficiency and enhance value.
Real estate as a sector is responsible for 30% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions and 40% of its energy consumption.
Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Implementation
Environmentally Conscious Investing
- Firm focus on investment in mixed-use, highly amenitized neighborhoods and communitites.
- LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) compliant design & construcion in both new building constructions & refurbishments.
- Efficient and effective energy management supported by IREP technology.
- Use of PACE (Property Assessed Clean Energy) financing.
- Equal employment/equality of opportunity (fair and diverse hiring/employment process).
- Responsible Contactor Practice: fiduciary responsability to investors is paramount. However, selection of JV partners, contractors and banking relationships, fair dealing and diversity are equally as important.
- We build affordable housing.
Strong Corporate Governance
- National title company as escrow agent for project investments.
- Emphasis on legal and regulatory compliance, with Internal Compliance Officer and Outside Counsel reporting directly to Managing Partners.
- Broad sharing of authority & economics.
- Profit sharing among firm employees and JV partners in a privately owned business.